A new year, A new gift!



 It was the sole existence of my life, yet it was the bane of my existence. It was the goal of my life, yet it was my enemy.  It was my destiny, yet it was unable to reach. I don’t want to sound dramatic and all, but it is true! And one more surprise, I finally got it! Before you break your head thinking about what it is, please see and identify what it is!

Yes! This is it!

Yes, it is my very own Nintendo DSi! Not just a normal one, an XL version of it! Yes, yes… it is over eleven years old and it is very cheap in the U.S., etc., but I am an Indian, so even a Pokemon game for the DSi is around Rs. 3150, and even that is a spinoff game!

Guys, if you did not know already, I am a Pokemon Geek! I’m crazy about these Pocket Monsters and I want to become one of those PokeTubers [Pokemon youtubers. Welcome!] After my studies. I just discovered that there are over 8+ Pokemon games for the Nintendo DSi. This got me going. I checked the price of a Nintendo DSi at amazon and guess what; it was Rs. 10,000, + shipping charges!

Too Expensive, but worth it!
   I was very disappointed and was like, “There goes my dream.”  And then I got a brainwave.  If I start collecting money, it is just a matter of time before I get my hands on it! So, I started saving money.  The pocket money I get, the money I am supposed to buy a snack with when I have no snacks at home, the money I get from my elders during a festival, etc. was all saved.  

Fast forward to two years later and I was about to ask my parents whether I could buy the DSi or not. Please remember, I had waited two years for a yes! And, the answer from my parents was, “No, We will not buy you that DSi as you will spend most of your time just toying with it and you won’t concentrate on your studies.” This time, I was disappointed in my parents and sighed, “There goes my dream. And this time, for real!”

Fast forward again to one year later to when my cousin Nikhil came to Coimbatore. Yes, he is the same cousin with whom I went on a trip to Madurai recently. Actually this incident happened during the same time! Around this time I almost gave up my dream when I realised that my cousin also had a DSi, That too a DSi XL, which is 93% bigger than a DSi lite, which I had aimed for! I want to highlight the word HAD, just in case before I start narrating his story!  The story goes in this way:

Holy Smokes! Look at the difference!


He bought the DSi at around 2010. He played with it every day until around 2013, when he started to lose interest.  He took it with him on his trip to Chennai, where his Grandma, Geetha Paati lived along with her family. She had another grandson named Nitin who was around five years old. Seeing the interest shown by Nitin, he gave the DSi away to him, even though he doesn’t even know how to use it!

When he realised about my interest, he immediately called Geetha Paati and asked whether I could have the DSi XL and she enthusiastically agreed! It was a matter of few days before I had my own Nintendo DSi XL!
P.S: I thank my cousin Nikhil, or Nikitoo, as he is called for giving me this DSi XL. You can check out his website if you click this link!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened?

Winning the Science Exhibition!

Examophobia!