What Happened?




So, before we get into the meat and potatoes of this particular journal, I just want to wish all of you a safe quarantine period! Hopefully you can use the sheer amount of free time we have due to a lockdown in India right now to much better and productive uses than I have: p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a year, almost two, since I ever posted on this website. What happened? Let me explain. To be brutally and respectfully honest, I don’t know myself. I just, lost all enthusiasm and inspiration I once housed for writing. When I first started writing, and, even reading for that matter, was because I was coerced by my loving (begrudgingly, if I say so myself,) sister, telling me to read some ‘real stuff’; not only those boring and apparently ‘tasteless’ Amar Chitra Katha comics! That conversation enlightened me on a few aspects of my personality. It helped me realize that I am in no way, a hip or trendy person, as much as it pains me to say this. Even though I may be slightly brash and not – very – slightly dumb at times, I have a reserved and laidback personality that sadly, could not make any friends.

I was also born with a very curious and inquisitive nature, that sadly hasn’t kept up with me through my coming of age. So, naturally, I was enamored by the sheer creativity and dare I say it, awesomeness that books possessed! I first started with simple novels from authors like Enid Blyton, Franklin Dixon and worked my way up to longer, more riveting pieces of literature! Another tidbit about me that I think you all might probably know already, is that I am a total history – hog! I find myself entranced reading about any kind of cultural, social or political history; further adding to my somewhat bland albeit simple personality! This is simply exacerbated by the fact that I spent most of my childhood reading Amar Chitra Katha, while most of my counterparts were just starting to read tinkle comics!

BTW, check out ACK for free comic PDFs and indulge yourself during this period!

Thankfully, unlike most things in my life until now, the one habit that I followed in rock – solid and obedient fashion was reading, whether it be Myoboku’s haikus and Yukio Mishima’s Meiji era classics, or translations of The Gita and the Indian Itihasas! I always made time for reading, sometimes at the cost of incomplete homework or studying time! I have no regrets lol! So, for a bookworm like me, it was something akin to a rite of passage for me to try my hand at writing! Coming from a family that valued knowledge and one where structured debate was a common occurrence, I was predisposed to start writing and follow my father’s footsteps! I was quite happy and proud of what I wrote back then (though looking back at it now, it might slightly be on the cringeworthy side!)  and thought I would only get better at spinning yarn! Maybe one day I could become a respected writer who can move mountains with my words, and inspire thousands of others to make the world a better place!

Maybe I should do a Book Review series lol!

Sadly, that dream of mine fell through and broke into tatters as I grew up.  It did not help that the sheer amount of work expected of you increased exponentially and you moved through grades, I also had developed an increasingly nihilistic and toxic personality; not helping my over – inflated ego in the slightest! Thankfully, I have mode some progress in this extremely weird situation I had made for myself, but that did not leave me any time for writing in the least. My reading, however, flourished, and I kept on getting bewitched by various pieces of literature; famous or not famous!

I cannot make any excuses for myself as even I can find out that this is a case of stagnation. To be honest, I have lost all drive I once held for writing and it isn’t getting any better right now. I don’t know what happened but the inspiration and adoration I once held for writing just fell apart. But things have been looking up lately! I’ve been highly engrossed writing poems and have decided to step into the realm of haikus! Though not completely, as I just entered tenth grade and very rarely find the time, but hey, it’s a start! Maybe I may share some of them with you all in the future!
So, I sincerely apologize for my stagnant writing and hope all of you stick with me as I venture this foggy landscape we call writing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS – I would once again like to wish you all a safe quarantine period! Please don’t stay out in the open for long and maintain social distancing! That said, use all of this unexpected free time spending most of it with your family! It’s about time you binge watched a movie with ‘em!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winning the Science Exhibition!

Examophobia!